For a holiday you’ll always remember, The Tower is a unique property that the whole family will love. Built in 1934, its interior has been decorated in keeping with the date of construction, with simple, elegant features such as a large, plain white free-standing bathtub and white ceramic tiles. Subtle touches like floor lighting and underfloor heating throughout add to the elegance.
There are three storeys, with a study on the ground floor, and bedrooms, snug room and bathrooms on the second floor. The top floor is the piece de resistance, with an open plan lounge, dining area and kitchen. Here, the 12-meter-wide glass wall opens out onto a large balustraded terrace, where you can enjoy stunning views across the River Crouch to Southend and the North Downs beyond. No wonder the property recently won Maldon’s Building Conservation Award.
This is a delightful area of the country, with the undulating landscapes of the South Downs and historic towns of Maldon to enjoy and explore. What better way to experience it all than in your very own historic building? The holiday snaps are bound to be something special!
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- One king size bedroom with en-suite.
- One double bedroom with en-suite.
- One double bedroom.
- Family bathroom.
- Open plan living room with 12m wide glass wall.
- Please be advised there is a total of 45 stairs within the property, therefore please take extra care with small children/toddlers.
- Large balustraded balcony with stunning views.
- WiFi - Please be advised due to rural location download speed can be slow especially within peak times.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Sorry, no dogs.
- Private parking for four cars.
- Minimum two night stay.
- Electric oven and hob.
- Combined fridge/freezer.
- Wine chiller.
- Washing machine.
- Tumble dryer.
- Television with Sky.
- Highchair available on request.
For a break with a difference, how about a holiday in an award-winning landmark? The Tower is a converted water tower, decorated in the classic, utilitarian style of the 1930s but with modern luxury. The top floor has a stunning glass wall that opens onto a large terrace and superb views.