Welcome to a barn with a difference. Hailstone Barn has been refurbished in a homely and contemporary style, with one, long living space which flows naturally from the kitchen to the dining and sitting rooms beyond. Large windows and French doors flood the whole space with light. There are beautiful details throughout, including spiral staircases, quirky posters and lots of cushions to collapse into.
Your only problem will be choosing where to relax. In front of the wood burning stove in the open plan living room? Or perched next to the Aga in the well-equipped kitchen? If you want to chill out in style, head for the entertainment room, with its large, wall-mounted television and opulent corner bar. If you’d prefer a bit of tranquillity, you’ll also find a snug, with books lining the walls, and a sun room with cantilevered doors opening right out onto the patio.
The garden is very special too, with a large dining table and rattan chairs and even hammocks for the truly decadent. The wildflower garden has extensive views of woodland and the rolling countryside. Hailstone Barn is situated in the south Cotswolds in a completely rural setting. The town of Tetbury is on your doorstep, famous for its antique shops – you could spend a pleasant few hours here trying to root out a bargain.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Two en-suite bedrooms with zip and link beds.
- Two double bedrooms with king size bed, one of which is en-suite.
- Double bedroom with super king bed (electronic with separate controls).
- Family bathroom.
- Spacious open plan living area.
- Sitting room with wood burner and bi-fold doors out to the deck.
- Large entertainment room with bar area.
- Two wood burning stoves and open fire.
- Large garden with orchard, courtyard wild flower garden and deck.
- Parking for up to five cars.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two dogs welcome (small additional charge, see Notes).
- Minimum three night stay.
- AGA, electric oven with separate electric hob, two microwaves.
- Combined fridge freezer, fridge with large freezer compartment.
- Two dishwashers.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Three televisions with Sky TV and Blu-ray players.
- IPad for Sonos, televisions and Sky TV.
- Tennis court with tarmac surface.
- Two high chairs, cot and travel cot available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Hammocks, fire pit, gas barbecue.
- Tables and chairs in the orchard (available May – September only).
- Dog sitting services available on request.
- Chef service available on request.
This unique property looks like a traditional Cotswold stone barn from one side, but on the other it reveals itself to be an all-mod-cons holiday home with five bedrooms and courtyard garden. There’s even an entertainment room with a bar.